Vacon 20 X -Performance under pressure
VACON 20 X sees Vacon building on its experience of producing high class enclosures drives to offer a decentralized drive solution with countless possibilities. An IP66/Type 4X enclosure offers the best possible protection from any factors that may be encountered in harsh environments, while other great features such as large cooling ribs and an integrated mains switch make VACON 20 X the right choice when your drive needs to be integrated directly into the application.
When you need a decentralized solution
The main purpose of VACON 20 X is to offer an AC drive that can act in all kinds of decentralized applications and is still flexible and easy to use. With this in mind, it has features such as a wide array of fieldbus connections, and Safe Torque Off mode, proving that robustness doesn’t have to compromise simplicity.
IP66/type 4x certified protection
VACON 20 X comes with an enclosure that is compliant with IP66 and Type 4X requirements, offering the best possible protection against external issues. This protection is essential in moist or dusty conditions, where dust could otherwise build up through airflow and cause internal components to fail. The enclosure is certified 3M6, IEC 60068-2 resistant to 2g vibrations and the rubber sealing comes equipped with a Gore® protective Snap-in Vent (Membrane IP69K). This ensures the pressure inside the drive is equalized with the surrounding environment, which in turn prevents the sealing from being worn down. In addition, the drive’s design is such that it is operable in temperatures of up to 40°C.
Everything in one place
Despite its highly developed enclosure, the drive remains a masterpiece in easy installation and commissioning. If you’re looking for a decentralized solution, chances are that space is at a premium. VACON 20 X has all the standard features you would expect along with a wide range of options, all in one place. The option of having a built-in main switch is a great saver when it comes to installation costs – the drive provides the housing for the switch and makes the drive work in the field to full effect. No need for engine rooms or cabling systems – with VACON 20 X, all the standard functionality and a whole range of options come in a single box.
- 2g resistance to vibrations (according to 3M6/IEC 60068-2)
- IP66/Type 4X enclosure
- Large cooling ribs
- Option of integrated mains switch
- Safe Torque Off (STO) mode according to SIL3
- Runs induction and permanent magnet motors
- Integrated PID controller
- Wide amount of fieldbus connections
- Built-in EMC filter for category level C2.
- Brake chopper integrated
- Cost savings from decentralized concept
- Can be used in almost any indoor environment
- Can be cleaned with pressurized water
- Custom-made software solutions with built-in PLC functionality for OE Ms
- Mountable in any position; fits into any available space
- Washdown duty installations
- General purpose installations