Vacon 100 X – A decentralized AC drive like no other
The VACON 100 X sets a new benchmark for decentralized drive solutions. It has a power range up to 30 kW (unmatched by competitors), comes with IP66/Type 4X protection and has highly advanced control capability which guarantees processes run exactly how you want them to. On top of all this, it has built-in harmonic filtering chokes, making it suitable for public networks.
Top class protection
IP66/Type 4X approval means that VACON 100 X comes with all the armour it needs in order to stand up to the challenges that demanding applications can throw at it. The robust, die-cast metal frame is strong enough to withstand 3g vibrations, and its cooling capabilities are second to none. The enclosure is powder coated for protection against corrosion and is designed to be fully operational in outdoor environments. A Gore® Snap-in Vent (Membrane IP69K) is designed to prevent external factors such as dust or moisture reaching inside the drive, while offering “in/out” pressure equalization, preventing the sealing from being worn down. In short, there really is no other option with such capabilities for high performance in challenging environments.
Into the heat of the action
The enclosure’s heatsink is easy to clean and the large, open cooling ribs allow the drive to perform in temperatures up to 60°C (with derating). The cooling system is such that it is not dependent on motor airflow like most motor mounted drives, and the fan is speedcontrolled and pluggable, and therefore easy to replace.
Programming designed for OEMs
Built-in PLC functionality, using IEC61131-1 programming methods, allows software logic and parameter list definitions to be modified with the optional Vacon Programming Tool. This means that users can customize the drive around their requirements, making it an attractive option for OEM customers.
- IP66/Type 4X enclosure
- 3g resistance to vibrations (according to 3M7/IEC 60068-2)
- Supports both induction and permanent magnet motors
- Option of ability to operate in temperatures ranging from -40°C to 60°C
- Integrated with RS485 Modbus and Ethernet communication
- Safe Torque Off (STO) mode according to SIL3
- Built-in EMC filter for EN61800-3 category C2 (C1 as option)
- DC choke and film capacitor meets EN61000-3-12 requirements
- Integrated brake chopper
- PTC input as standard
- Able to withstand rough conditions such as heat, dirt and vibrations
- Easy to keep clean
- Approval for public networks makes it flexible for installation
- Vacon Programming enables top class integration for countless OEM applications
- High efficiency and simulated air flow ensure long lifetime
- Mountable in any position; fits into any available space
- Decentralized solutions in a high variety of applications
- Outdoor applications
- Applications exposed to vibrations