Phase Control DC systems
Powerhouse’s Phase Control DC systems are of constant voltage and current limited type. Utilising SCR phase control design they provide a rugged and highly reliable DC supply.
Available with single and three phase inputs, the Powerhouse Phase Control series are ideal for charging sealed lead acid, vented lead acid and lithium phosphate batteries.
Phase Control DC systems are in widespread usage throughout Australia to supply:
- LV & HV switchboards
- DC substations
- Emergency power and lighting systems
- switch tripping.
As a result, HILITE chargers are found in both commercial and industrial operations, in areas such as:
- Petrochemical industries.
Dependant upon rating, DC systems can be housed in wall-mount or free standing enclosures, which will normally accommodate optional equipment and batteries without increased size. Larger enclosures are available for more complex systems.
we can also offer a complete Turn-key Solution for your business.
Modular DC Systems
Powerhouse’s Modular DC power system (1UDC+) provides clean DC power to sensitive equipment while simultaneously charging the battery bank, supplying backup power during mains failure.
The 1UDC+ contains a 19” 1U subrack that can house up to 3 hot-plugged rectifiers, or 2 rectifiers & controller and an ELVD device.
Max system capacity: up to 13 subrack (38 rectifiers + controller), 1266A with height of 13U
Basic shelf: 1U DC + type II – includes a 19” 1U shelf (subrack) with up to 3 rectifiers
Electronic Shelf: 1U DC+ type I – includes a 19” 3U shelf with up to 2 rectifiers + SC 1UDC + controller and an electronic ELVD device
- Up to 30 units in parallel, 30kVA
- Employs high frequency PWM technology
- A microprocessor controls all diagnostics and operation
- Power density (2kVA in 1U 19” shelf;
- 1kVA in 1U 9.5” cabinet) Lightweight
- Standalone or parallel operation Parallel capability for N+1 redundancy
- High efficiency
- Continuous input DC curent
- Optional: bypass (for standalone operation)
Modular Static Switches
- Automatic static switch to increase reliability and overload capability
- Zero time load transfer from inverters to bypass and vice-versa
- Clear, user-friendly coloured LED indicators on the static switch panel
- Audible alarm if failure detected or load on bypass
- Protect load against illegal bypass voltages
Modular DC/DC Converters
48/24 600W Modules: This DC/DC converter module simply converts a nominal 48 V (42 V-61.5V) into 24 V (25 A maximum) accurate voltage at the output.
The unit comes with the option to parallel several similar modules in order to gain more power and redundant operation (N+1).
Also known as Phase Control DC Systems, Modular DC Systems, Modular Inverters, Modular Static Switches, Modular DC/DC Converters, DC UPS